In case you think that all printed calendars are a thing of the past, see below for the results of a 2010 survey, entitled "A Study of Calendar Usage in U.S. Households" conducted by MarketToools Inc on behalf of the Promotional Products Association International. This was an e-mail survey to a panel of 1052 households in the U.S.
- 50% of the respondents have never used the calendar on their cell phones
- 41% prefer to use a physical calendar at home
- 37% reported never using a calendar on a computer
- 92% of respondents would keep an advertising calendar
- 82% enjoy receiving calendars as complimentary gifts
- 78% of those who have a printed calendar at home, had at least one advertising calendar.
- 74% of the respondents could remember the name of the company that gave them the calendar.
- 70% plan to do business wiht the company that gave them the calendar.
- 61% looked at a calendar between 2 and 10 times a day.
- 48% had a more favorable impression of the advertisier after having received the calendar.
- 41% had referred somebody else to the companythat fave themt the calendar.
Dona Blunt, MAS (PromoDona)